Beginning a new year is always the best because everyone uses it as a clean slate to start over, try new things and set goals for themselves. This year is no different for your girl, I’m going to have some goals to set just like I try to do every year. However, this year feels different.. special almost. I feel like I’m going to achieve the goals I set out to do this year. I’ve never felt anymore determined in my life! I hope you dive head-first into your goals and feel determined like I do on this first week of the new year. Without further rambling.. here are my goals for the new year.
2016 was a year of tests, tribulations and rocky waters for a lot of people. Me included. My vision for my blog, my education and my own life got hazy. In a year with so much change, I really entered December with a plan to turn things around. Sometimes you get lost in trying to please other people that you begin to act totally the opposite of what you are. It’s time to take control of my own life again, and live my life for no one but me.
Here are some tips you should follow if you want to choose to love yourself in 2017…
I’m wrapping gifts and trying to put myself in a Christmas mood, and I realized my holiday playlist is pretty lit! If you want to jam out this holiday or chill by the fireplace and relax, this playlist captures both moods. I wish you all a wonderful holiday!
Let me know what you think about my playlist!
Life gets overwhelming. Especially if you’re in four different clubs, and two require office hours and a heap of work on Sundays and – I’ll stop there. Life gets crazy.
If you’re a person with a lot on your plate and you begin to feel super closed in, get out now. You need an escape plan for days when you feel there’s so much to do but only so many hours in a day (Hey.. comment if you know the song I’m referring to!).
Here are some things you can try frequently to help yourself find the strength to continue to be superwoman.
- Find a place to walk to, and chill. For example, my college has a north and south campus. I sometimes walk to South Campus on a nice breezy day and hang out on the hammocks they have down there. This could be similar for you, or just find a bench in a quiet spot on campus. Emphasis on walk though, because walking always makes you feel good!
- Treat yourself. This is my favorite. I like to tell myself ‘job well done today!’ when I buy a latte from this really great coffee truck on campus. It’s pretty pricey so whenever I finally get to buy it I feel good, it tastes good, and life is good at that moment. Starbucks gives me that kinda rush too.
- Watching Netflix with snacks. This is especially important. I always tell myself “you’re paying for it, use it up!” I’ve been binge-watching the old 90s show A Different World for the past month and I have no regrets. I even watch in between classes, and while at work when there’s nothing to do.
- Call home. The average college student calls home pretty seldom. I cringe while the phone is ringing, but by the time I hang up after a nice talk I feel good. You should call home and let them give you all the props. You are in college being a rockstar, and they know it, and they can’t wait to say “I’m so proud of you!”
- Be with your friends. Of course, when all the work is done and you’ve practiced enough self-care for the day, hang out with your friends. Go out and party, stay in and talk, go eat, etc.
These aren’t the biggest, most grandiose ways to escape from your busy lifestyle as a college student – but the little things matter most right? Let me know if you do any of these or more!
I have been single for almost 19 years now – my whole life – and aside from the occasional flirting, hooking up and “talking” to someone (that stage pisses me off), I can admit that throughout this love drought I’ve had my fair share of days where I wish I wasn’t single. It’s normal, but being single isn’t something you should ever be sad about. The single life is a life you’ll one day forget all about if you plan to get married one day. To me, being single is a period of time that’s meant to understand and find yourself. I’m still on this quest to understand exactly who I am, and I really believe that it’s the reason why I’m single.
Anyways, I try staying positive as a single girl and it’s extremely easy to be. No matter if you’ve went through a horrible break-up or you’re just so tired of being single – here’s some ways to be happy while single.